ORGANIC GARDENER`S GUIDE TO OPTIMIZING PLANT NUTRITION By Jeff Lowenfels
Just as he demystified the soil food web in his ground-breaking book Teaming with Microbes
- In this new work Jeff Lowenfels explains the basics of plant nutrition from an organic gardener’s perspective.
- Where Teaming with Microbes used adeptly used microbiology; Teaming with Nutrients employs cellular biology.
- Most gardeners realize that plants need to be fed but know little or nothing about the nature of the nutrients involved or how they get into plants.
- Teaming with Nutrients explains how nutrients move into plants and what both macro-nutrients and micro-nutrients do once inside. It shows organic gardeners how to provide these essentials. To fully understand how plants eat, Lowenfels uses his ability to make science accessible with lessons in the biology, chemistry, and botany all gardeners need to understand how nutrients get to the plant and what they do once they’re inside the plant.
- Teaming with Nutrients will open your eyes to the importance of understanding the role of nutrients in healthy, productive organic gardens and it will show you how these nutrients do their jobs. In short, it will make you a better informed, more successful and more environmentally responsible gardener.